I’d used the last 2 eggs at lunchtime so when we decided to do some cooking I searched for recipes without eggs – turns out that the best thing to search for is eggless recipes. I then found the recipe for these muffins which after I made a couple of alterations to, we had all the ingredients for. We all had fun making them and they were delicious, although unfortunately I decided to only make half the quantities so we only had 6! The recipe with my alterations is below (makes 6)
- 1 cup self raising flour
- ¼ cup oats
- ½ cup sugar
- 6 squares of chocolate (chopped up)
- 2 bananas (mashed)
- ¼ cup sunflower oil
- 2 tblsp water
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C
- Mix the mashed banana, oil and sugar and water together to create a smooth paste.
- Mix in the flour, oats and chocolate pieces.
- Spoon carefully into muffin cases, about 3 tsp of mixture per case
- Cook for 20 minutes.